Thursday, May 21, 2009

Beginning and End...ish

Last Friday I went to a funeral and tomorrow I go to another one. Between the two deaths, a friend of mine gave birth to her new baby boy. Spring really is a time for new beginnings!


This was the poem on the program for Cousin Dan's funeral

By Mary Frye (1932)

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glint of snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,

I am the swift, uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circling flight.

I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there, I do not sleep.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there, I did not die!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I know that poem... they said that at my grandfather's funeral. it's so sad but it's such a great thing, what the words say. miss you girl! we should get together... i miss our ice cream dates! love youuu