Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday!

So today is Friday. This Friday is special. Today we remember, and while we call this Friday good, it is really only good because it was followed by a Sunday that was more than good. On this weekend every year, I kind of hold my breath. I think about this window of time between when the Savior was crucified on Friday and when he rose again on Sunday and I wait... I wait with the world. I wait with all who had hoped for him to that point and with all who loved him during his earthly life and even with all of us who were not even born yet but knew that when our turns came, our lives would be changed by what was happening.

All prophets leading up to that day, and all since, prophesied of that moment in history. And yet, it's clear from scripture that even Jesus Christ's disciples did not know exactly what to expect. It had always been believed and hoped for and here it was, about to happen... it would happen wouldn't it? Even as I hold my breath in this little window of time every year, I hold it knowing what was in store. On an extremely smaller scale it's like knowing your little sister is about to get the dolly she asked for and wanted so much for her 5th birthday and standing right there about to burst as she starts to unwrap the present. I'm about to burst as I wait for Mary and his disciples to see the empty tomb and for all the world to hear the angels sing that, "He is risen!" He is. I know he is. I give you that testimony and wish you a Happy Easter. Shout it from the rooftops! The Savior came to this earth and lived and died for you and you will live and die and live again because of it. Life is wonderful and the people I love make my life good and filled with smiles. But no smile could ever be made permanent but for the Savior and his mission here on earth. These things are true.

No comments: